A general home inspector will complete a surface-level inspection of your electrical system. They will look at visible receptacles (like outlets and switches), fixtures, some appliances, and your breaker panel, to ensure that they are in working order and up to electrical code.
An electrical inspection goes much more in-depth. Our electricians will take a deeper look at your electrical system. We will inspect the following:
- Type of wiring.
- Aluminum wiring: is it terminated correctly?
- Knob & tube wiring: has it been altered in any way?
- Proper system grounding at panel.
- Gas line is bonded to ground.
- Breaker or fuse amperage rating and wire sizing.
- GFCI protection installation around the home.
- Circuit capacity and whether they are overloaded
- Proper wire usage in certain conditions. Ex: wiring going underground is rated for such use.
- Functional outlets, smoke detectors, and switches.